Bite the Ballot (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to being responsible custodians of the information you provide us and the information we collect in the course of operating our business.
Collection of personal information
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us. “Personal information” (also referred to as “Personal Data” in some jurisdictions) is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you.
Information we collect from you
We collect, process and use your personal information when you:
- sign up for correspondence from Bite the Ballot;
- visit our website at http://bitetheballot.co.uk/;
- ask us a question through our Contact Us link.
The information we collect is typically related to the product or service you request and includes:
- your name;
- email address;
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect:
- To send you newsletters, donor communications, and other information or materials that may interest you;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To operate, troubleshoot, and improve our operations;
- To maintain our list of contacts;
- To assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns, and publications;
- As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to: comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protector your, our, or others’ rights.
How we may share the information we collect
We may share the information we collect, including your personal information, with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize our services, send newsletters and marketing emails, support email and messaging services and analyze information.
- Protection of rights and other legal purposes. We may share the information we collect, including personal information, with any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Legal bases for using your personal information
There are different legal bases that we rely on to use your personal information, namely:
- Legitimate interests – We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to improve our operations and the content on our website.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to websites not owned or controlled by us. Bite the Ballot does not have any control over these third-party websites. We encourage you to be aware of these other third-party websites and their privacy statements, as we cannot control and are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Security and data retention
We deploy administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information that we collect. We evaluate these safeguards on an ongoing basis to help minimize risks from new security threats as they become known.
However, no information system can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
We retain the information collected via our website for 2 years following the end of the calendar year on which we collected the information. After that time, we may aggregate the data and retain it for analytical purposes.
Your choices and your rights
You can unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an automatic email.
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate.
Consistent with legal requirements and limitations, you can also ask us:
- to see what personal information we hold about you;
- to erase your personal information;
- to port your personal information; and
- to restrict our use of your personal information.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, send us an email at the details below. Alternatively you may have a right to complain to your local data protection authority (if one exists in your country).
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us with questions about our privacy or data protection practices, please contact our data protection contact Josh Dell on firstname.lastname@example.org.